I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.
Media Press Kit
Digital press-kit essentials
Your digital press kit should have two main objectives: first, to promote your brand; and second, to meet the needs of the journalists who want to talk about your organization. Here are the essential components needed to meet those objectives:
• Background: Include a bio about your organization, including its history, highpoints and purpose?something that tells your story.
• Statistics: Stats and facts help state the case for your organization’s mission. Financial reports, fact sheets, charts and an FAQ page provide journalists with instant access to needed information.
• Key players: Brief bios and images of executives, board members, key staffers and even long-time volunteers provide important information the media often needs. Outline why these key players dedicate their time and/or resources to your organization and its purpose.
• Collateral material: Multiple versions and formats of your logo are a must to maintain creative control over your brand’s look and message. Consider including images of your organization and its people in action, video links and links to printed materials, like posters, brochures and other items you’d like the media to publicize.
• Contact info: In addition to basic contact information, direct the media to other resources, including links to social media outlets, recent news stories and past press releases.